This HP Officejet 4650 review describes the capabilities and essential features of one of these wireless printers – which also serves as a copier, scanner, and fax machine. You will also read the advantages, drawbacks and what users have to say about the HP Officejet 4650.
|HP Officejet 4650|
|Print Media Type||(plain); Photo (3×5), (4×6), (5×7), (8×10)|
|Maximum Print Speed||(Black & White/Color) 9.5 ppm (Black & White)/6.8 ppm (Color)|
|Types of Cartridges||High Yield Black/High Yield Black|
|Additional Features||Auto-Document Feeder, WiFi Printing, Quiet Mode, Touchscreen, Scan to Email, Fax|
|Item Dimensions||17.53 in x 14.53 in x 7.50 in/44.53 cm x 36.91 cm x 19.05 cm|
|Weight||14.43 pounds/6.55 kilograms|
Top Features of the HP Officejet 4650
In this HP Officejet 4650 review, we feature a multi-function device that can turn your home or other space into a mini-office. The mobile features listed below allow you to instantly print items such as photographs from social media or those taken with your phone. Also, you can print emailed items such as receipts, tickets, and confirmations of reservations without having to hook cables to a printer. With scanning comes options for assembling documents such as applications or reports to email or share.
- The printer connects to devices through WiFi or USB
- The Direct Print feature allows computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones to connect directly to the printer’s WiFi signal without having to use a router
- Functions include printing, copying, faxing and scanning
- Capability to scan to email
- Two-sided copying and printing
- 2.2-inch touchscreen
- The automatic document feeder holds 35 sheets at a time, while the paper tray has the capacity for 100 sheets of input and 25 sheets of output
- Quiet mode printing allows users to print while others sleep or rest
- Copy or print up to 480 pages with XL black-ink cartridges and 330 pages with color-ink cartridges
What the HP Officejet 4650 Printer Works With
The HP Officejet 4650 prints photographs on different sizes of photo paper. As a result, you can display scenes or memories in frames of commonly available dimensions. Alternatives for plain-paper printing make it possible to prepare and print legal documents that may comply with the rules for different court or records offices. You or those with whom you deal may have preferences for legal-sized contract documents and forms. Thanks to the ability to run on different operating systems, users of various brands and types of mobile devices can harness the printing options noted in this HP Officejet 4650 review.
- The HP Officejet 4650 supports photo paper, plain paper, and a No. 10 Envelope
- Paper (plain) in letter (8.5 x 11) and legal (8.5 x 14); Photo (3×5), (4×6), (5×7), (8×10)
- Supports mobile printing through the free HPePrint app, AirPrint for iPods and iPads
- WiFi enabled devices can connect directly to the printer
- Compatible with Windows or Mac operating systems
- Ease of setup. Once the HP Officejet 4650 connects to a wireless network, users can print directly from laptops or other wireless devices simply by connecting to the printer
- The double-sided copying and printing option can reduce your use of paper in half
- The document feeder on top allows for copying multiple pages at a time
- Unlike some other printers, users can print in black ink only even if no ink remains in the color cartridge
- Uses XL cartridges, which carries a capacity of 480 pages in black and white, or 330 pages in color
- Wireless Direct permits users to print without having to use a wireless router for connection
- Does not print photographs in highest quality or in color very well
- Does not scan to email on Windows 10 operating systems
- For users who email or share documents, the fax features serve very little purpose
What Users Say
Some of the user comments have helped us fashion the pros and cons in this HP Officejet 4650 review. Below, we summarize these and other user comments.
Many purchasers commend this printer for its double-sided printing and copying. This feature reduces the time for projects. If you avoid downloading HP’s software, setup takes relatively little time. Users in locations without WiFi or where wireless printers fail to work appreciate the ability to print to the HP Officejet 4650 directly from their smartphones. The low price for the attributes described in this HP Officejet 4650 review earns approval from many users.
Concerns by users center around ink and the cartridges. Many of these evaluations note that the HP Officejet 4650 uses ink fairly quickly, and the HP cartridges are fairly expensive. Based on user comments, you might wish to avoid the “Instant Ink” option. The pricing turns on the number of pages, and you might not reach the maximum amount of pages. Failing to print the maximum render the bundle plans not cost-effective. Further, print jobs take longer with it, and cancellation of the plans deactivates the cartridges.
Mobility, multiple functions and the ability to print many documents describe this HP Officejet 4650. Users overall are pleased with the price, convenience of printing and ease of set-up. Less-than-superior quality on printing photographs represents one of the drawbacks. Share your experience in using this HP Officejet 4650. We also want your thoughts about the functions and features profiled in this HP Officejet 4650 review and whether you believe other printers surpass this one.
Remember to check out our guide to all-in-one laser printers, our top 5 HP printers out this year, and our review of the HP Officejet 3830, another great alternative to the 4650.