You are looking for the best PS3 headset, which means you are not a faint-hearted person. Gaming headsets enhance your enjoyment to the next level so that you can fully capture everything a video game offers. From the spellbinding score to irresistible compliments, the entire gaming experience becomes more mesmerizing while using PS3 headphones.
The best PS3 headsets can feel that you are playing the game and part of the scene. You don’t need to be a serious gamer to feel the utmost excitement of the game, but a good quality headset surely will deepen your comfort when you need concentration.
Though there are various PS3 headsets in the market, picking up the best could be tricky. With your low or high budget, you can purchase a top-notch headset that can fulfill your requirement. This article is fully dedicated to you with our seven best PS3 headset buying guide so that you can choose your PlayStation 3 headphones without being confused.
Our Favorite PS3 Headset
PS3 Headset Comparison Table
|Product Name||Key Feature|
|1. Anivia Stereo Gaming Headset||i. Intelligent Extreme Bass|
ii. Superior 50mm audio driver
iii. Rotatable microphone
|2. The Turtle Beach Ear Force P11||i. Premium Speaker|
ii. Lightweight, rugged design
iii. Deep, immersive bass boost
|3. Turtle Beach Ear-Force PLA||i. PLA on-ear design |
ii. Independent Game and Chat Volume
iii. Sound-isolating ear cushions
|4. PS4 Xbox One 3.5mm Stereo Gaming Headset||i. Treble depth|
ii. Lightweight design
iii. Soft, cloth ear cups
|5. TYUOBOX Gaming Headset||i. Clear sound operating strong brass |
ii. Acoustic positioning precision
iii. Premium 50mm neodymium driver
|6. GOXMGO Video Game Headset||i. Cool light gaming headset|
ii. Breathable earmuffs
iii. 120-degree rotatable microphone
|7. Canamite Stereo Gaming Headset||i. Dynamic stereo |
ii. Wired Communication Technology
iii. Strong low frequency
- 1 7 Best PS3 Headset- Buying Guide
- 1.1 1. Anivia Stereo Gaming Headset for PS4, PS3 Games(Purple)
- 1.2 2. Turtle Beach Ear Force P11 Gaming Headset PS3
- 1.3 3. Turtle Beach – Ear Force PLA Gaming Headset – PS3
- 1.4 4. PS4 Xbox one 3.5mm Stereo Gaming Headset for Xbox 360 PS3
- 1.5 5. TYUOBOX Gaming Headset with Microphone for PS4, PS3 Games
- 1.6 6. GOXMGO Video Game Headset with Mic for PC PS3 PS4
- 1.7 7. Canaanite Stereo Gaming Headset Headphone Mic for PS3 Micp Phone PC Red Black Colour
- 2 Best PS3 Headset Buying Guide
- 3 FAQ
- 4 Final Verdict
7 Best PS3 Headset- Buying Guide
1. Anivia Stereo Gaming Headset for PS4, PS3 Games(Purple)
Anivia Stereo Gaming Headset is absolutely a good pair of headsets for gaming. This best PS3 headset for gaming comes with a high-quality stereo that provides you with a studio sound field. Its brilliant base allows you to enjoy the virtual gaming world.
This headset is impressive for the background effects as well that are so important to notice. They are comfortable and also come with an affordable price range. The clear sound with noise-canceling technology will bring you a studio sound field.
- Features a 130-degree flexible microphone
- In-line audio control box with volume wheel
- It contains noise isolating mic and a one-key mute
- High precision drive units on-ear headphones
- Extra 3.5mm 1 to 2 cable splitter for PC, tablet, personal computer use
- Ergonomic Design: It is made with high-quality leather earmuffs-soft that is comfortable and breathable. As it is Comfy-fit, you won’t feel pain during a long time of gaming. It won’t allow your immersed mind to get distracted because of ear pain.
- Crystal-clear sound: This PS3 controller headset will provide a crystal clear sound with negligible distortion. Combined with the superior 50mm audio driver, it will help you catch your enemy before they find you.
- Noise-canceling mic: It contains a rotatable microphone with noise-reduction technology in the sound card. It elevates the voice clarity and transmits clear and no delay sound. The mute switch and sound command are close at hand to quickly adjust the volume level. Besides, you can also mute yourself very easily.
- Broad Compatibility: This headset can be broadly used as Xbox one headset, PC headset, PS4 headset, and other platforms, along with a 3.5 mm connection. Though it requires additional Microsoft adapters while connecting to older Xbox controllers, you can easily play gameplay, DVD, on-demand, watch movies, listen to music, use Skype, chat, etc.
- Delivers crisp and powerful sound to hear the footsteps and gunshot very clearly.
- The over-ear Headset design earmuffs reduce ear pain.
- You can adjust the mic and the volume easily due to the volume wheel.
- A highly compatible device
- The ear cups seem smaller to some users.
2. Turtle Beach Ear Force P11 Gaming Headset PS3
The Turtle Beach Ear Force P11 features a durable design that gets along with a high-performing gaming experience. This headphone is suitable for gamers who want to enjoy the advantages of the Dolby sound effects. If you’re serious about the sound, then move up to the headset as they are meant to provide crystal clear sound.
Though it seems large because of its visual aesthetics, it has a lightweight profile. It can be your ideal companion if you love to travel. This headset provides an entirely enchanting experience with fantastic surround sound.
- Amplified Audio with oversized 50mm speakers.
- Independent Volume Controls
- It contains a microphone monitor.
- The Built-in Turtle Beach bass boost elevates depth and realism
- Massive 50mm Speakers
- Connection and Control: You will find a control box that allows you to modify the game’s sound and chat. So you need not take too many adjustment hassles. To obtain the right balance, you can adjust the volume chat and game volumes with the independent volume control. Besides, you can turn the game volume up while turning the chat volume down and vice-versa as required.
- Comfort & fit: This headset comes with a cushioned and large ear cup so that you can play games for a long time without hurting your ears. The upper part of the headband has a soft material that reduces discomfort even if gaming for long hours.
- Sound Quality: The 50mm prominent speakers provide crisp high notes for the more exciting gaming. You can feel the clear and action-packed sound with the Dolby surround sound. The 360-degree sound offers you the benefits of determining where every sound comes from.
- Multiple equalizers: These in-built multiple equalizers settle the high-pitch voice, midrange boost, and bass combinations. The bass boost provides your audio with a kick to add depth and practicality to the game’s sounds.
- The amplified stereo sound produced makes sure that you hear your games loud and precise.
- The 50 mm speakers deliver high-quality sound.
- Large ear cups eliminate the ear pain that one feels for playing video games for long hours.
- You can customize the volume with the independent chat and game volume controller.
- Some users felt that the wiring was not good enough.
3. Turtle Beach – Ear Force PLA Gaming Headset – PS3
This Turtle Beach Ear-Force PLa gaming headset is an advanced peripheral delivering new signification to the idea of gaming. Its amplified stereo brings you the best gaming experience. Moreover, the headset will take your gaming adventures in the utmost sound experience.
It is USB powered, so you don’t need any batteries. It is perfect for gamers who are seeking a more immersive experience without breaking the bank. The exceptional sound quality is beneficial during most critical parts of the action.
- PS3 Amplified Stereo gaming headset
- Amplified Audio for a more immersive experience
- Built-in bass boost
- Microphone Monitor
- USB Powered
- Voice Level Recognition: It is often seen that people tend to scream while wearing headphones. For the sound monitor feature, you can hear your voice. Now you can easily communicate with people without screaming or making them feel annoyed.
- More Immersive Experience: The PLA on-ear design for both ears gives high-precision sound and crystal clear communication, unlike traditional communicator headphones that only let you hear chat in one ear.
- Bass Boost: The incorporated variable bass boost at your disposal will deliver your audio a swift kick. You can hear sound prompts such as the sound of enemy footsteps or the click of a loading weapon in the distance missed with general TV speakers.
- Independent game and chat volume: The headset also features an independent game and chat volume that allows you to manage sound-isolating ear cushions. It also allows you to customize the audio and block out distractions.
- The voices are clear, and gameplay sounds mix nicely with them.
- The adjustable mic is easy to put out of your way.
- It features amplified stereo game audio along with crystal-clear communication.
- Decent speaker quality is better than a lot of more expensive headsets.
- A few users complained that the headset didn’t fit them.
4. PS4 Xbox one 3.5mm Stereo Gaming Headset for Xbox 360 PS3
Do you need to hear when the online enemy is coming and want your teammates to listen to your voice clearly? Then choose this one of the best PS3 headsets for gaming and enjoy crystal clear voice communication. With this PS4 Xbox headset, you can achieve immersive gaming, movie watching, and music listening experience.
This headset comes with a complete package of a premium detachable microphone, deeper bass and crystal clear treble, and its enhanced noise cancellation feature. You will obtain a great experience while playing games, skyping, making phone calls, and even watching movies on your tablet. This headset is one step ahead of your needs.
- Noise-Cancelling Headphones
- Answer/End Phone Calls
- In-Line Volume Control
- Plug and Play Operation
- Noise-canceling microphone and one key mute: This headphone for PS3 with Omni-directional & flexible microphone allows you to talk clearly. You can simply increase sounds sufficiently and eliminate the noise.
- Versatile compatibility: The headphone is perfectly compatible with PS4 PS3 Xbox 360 as well as with Xbox one via Microsoft Adaptor.
- Surround sound and deep bass: The high-performing 50mm speaker delivers you every sound with immersive expertise. It will bring you intense sound readability good for video games.
- Ergonomic design and flexible adjustment: Its lightweight design and soft cushioned ear cups present the most comfortable gaming experience. It lets you have a lengthy gaming period without fatigue.
- You can adjust volume, pause and play music, and answer phone calls in real-time.
- The ear speaker provides superior bass and treble depth
- Cloth ear cups reduce ear pain.
- The noise-canceling feature works very well.
- Users complained that it doesn’t last long.
5. TYUOBOX Gaming Headset with Microphone for PS4, PS3 Games
TYUOBOX gaming headset comes along with a premium 50mm neodymium driver that offers enticing sound quality. It highly increases the aural experience that will make you feel like on the real battlefield.
Its 50mm magnetic neodymium driver with high-quality stereo sound operates a strong brass. This enhances sound clarity as well as brings you a fantastic gaming experience. It has an adjustable, ergonomically designed headband that is suitable for all kinds of people.
- Noise-canceling microphone
- Comfortable wearing
- Multiple platform compatibility
- Fascinating led light
- Multi-Platform Compatible: This headset supports many platforms like PlayStation 4, Nintendo 3DS, New Xbox One, PC, Laptop, PSP, Tablet, iPad, Computer, Mobile Phone. However, you will need an extra Microsoft Adapter while connecting with an old version Xbox One controller.
- Surrounding Stereo Subwoofer: It provides Clear sound operating strong brass. You can easily play all the games with premium sound quality.
- Noise Cancellation: The extraordinary headset features a splendid noise isolation feature. It provides an acoustic positioning fidelity to enhance the sensitivity of the speaker unit, guiding you to a significant sound field.
- 50MM Driver: Whether you’re engrossed in God of War or want to listen to your enemies’ movement in Fortnite, PUBG, or CS: GO. If you wear a professional gaming headset, you may experience something incredible. With a 50mm driver, the headset offers a stunning surround sound for both games and music.
- Ergonomic design & premium material: Gamers usually play games for long hours, so comfort is also a significant factor when choosing an Xbox one headset. These headsets provide a retractable band and breathable ear pads to ensure every player could enjoy the utmost wearing comfort.
- Breathable ear pads enhance comfort.
- The noise cancellation feature is extraordinary.
- It’sIt’s much easier to hear shots when playing FPS multiplayer
- It has a good soundstage and excellent sound output with sufficient bass.
- Some users said that the noise cancellation is not up to the mark.
6. GOXMGO Video Game Headset with Mic for PC PS3 PS4
This GOXMGO Video Game Headset features a fantastic sound quality. You can even perceive subtle sounds that will make you invincible. It is specially designed for gamers with fabulous fashion led lights that enhance the gaming atmosphere.
The unique feature of the product is its ubiquitous RGB light. It will give you the most relaxed and exclusive gaming environment. Therefore it will maximize your gaming performance with top-notch 3D sound quality.
- Versatile Compatibility
- In-line controller
- Exclusive RGB lights
- 50mm neodymium magnetic drivers
- 3D stereo sound: Who doesn’t want a perfect 3D stereo sound? Well, everyone does! The GOXMGO provides excellent 3D sounds with its 50mm diaphragm unit.
- Noise reduction: The over-ear headphones reduce all the unwanted noise. Besides, it allows you to receive or transmit messages during the game. You can rotate the mic by 120°.
- In-line controller: The In-Line Audio control box incorporates a volume wheel and one-key mute. You can quickly adjust the mic and the volume while playing games.
- Excellent sound quality
- Truly a noise-canceling headset
- The ear cups are comfortable and light up when connected
- Mic sometimes gets frizzy.
7. Canaanite Stereo Gaming Headset Headphone Mic for PS3 Micp Phone PC Red Black Colour
The Canaanite Stereo Gaming Headset brand is familiar to serious gamers. It is a high-quality gaming headset providing a sound sensitivity of 106 ± 3dB. Coming to its budget, it is very reasonable that the majority of people can afford it.
This headset contains a strong surround sound with accuracy. You can precisely hear the opposite team or the gunshots. The 50-20 kHz sound frequency is one of the best features of this headset.
- USB 3.5 mm connector
- Frequency range: 50 – 20 kHz
- High sensitivity: 106 ± 3dB
- 3.5 mm jack length
- Sound quality: The headset has a distinguished bass function that allows you to monitor how much bass you want from your sound. It responds very well with no significant distortion. The sound details are extremely clear.
- Compatibility: This best PS3 headset is dedicated to only Playstation 3. Although other headsets are compatible with different platforms and devices, this headset is no less than them. If you have only PlayStation 3, then you should check it out.
- Frequency: For headsets, 20Hz-20 kHz is the perfect frequency range to hear voices clearly. This gaming headphone provides 50 – 20 kHz, which is appropriate. This frequency comes with a detailed sound and voice.
- High sensitivity provides great sound
- Dynamic stereo provides real-time sound.
- The perfect frequency gives incredible sound quality.
- Several customers complained that they heard a crackling sound from the headset
Best PS3 Headset Buying Guide
Several headphones have a noise-isolating design that covers up ambient noise. It is mentioned as “passive noise-canceling.” Active noise-canceling models work a bit differently. These battery-powered headphones contain small microphones so that they can observe the frequencies of outside noise. Then the microphones create the same frequencies to eliminate them. A few PS3 headset jacks deal with noise-reduction turned off. That’sThat’s why you can still use them if the batteries die, while other headphones work only with noise cancellation.
PS3 headphones are produced to enhance different parts of the audio spectrum. So you may choose one sound over another. It is best to try headphones before buying. There are three different types of sounds- warm, neutral, and bright. Neutral headphones provide high-sound quality with the purest audio.
Finding headphones with comfortable material is the most important thing. Over-ear headphones provide the most comfort; however, ensure that the headband doesn’t hurt your head while buying them. PS3 headphones made with memory foams or layer foams are in great demand. Besides, make sure that the earmuffs are plushy as well. Though leather is comfortable, it becomes too hot after using the headphones for long hours. So consider mesh or layer foam, or memory foam in your bucket list.
Many gamers want visually attractive PS3 headphones as per their choices. This is the least important thing while buying a PlayStation 3 headphone. Some headphones have a fashionable look, but due to their design, the headband is not foldable. This drawback can result in users having to carry a giant size headset which is not appropriate. Choose a headphone that looks great, and keep in mind that the design doesn’t compromise its comfort and sound quality.
What Headset Works for PS3?
There is no PS3 3.5 mm jack for headphones, unlike the Xbox 360. There is no port to plug a headset into the DualShock 3 controllers or Sixaxis. Despite this, wired headsets still work with the PS3.
Can You Use AirPods with PS3?
You can’t connect AirPods with PS3 as they do not even get along with the PS4. However, it is viable to connect to a PS4 with voice chat. But for that, you will need a dongle.
Are PlayStation 4 Headsets Compatible with PlayStation 3?
Yes, but only wireless PS4 headsets depend on a USB dongle for connectivity. The PS3 doesn’t have any jack unit for connecting the headphones. You can purchase dual connection headphones if you want to use them with different devices. A few models probably work if they’re USB-connecting models. The PS3 controller does not contain a headphone jack, so that stereo headsets won’t work.
The Playstation 3 is a well-grounded system with many excellent games to experience, counting a solid lineup of multiplayer titles. However, you would miss the enjoyment in lack of a PS3 headset which would be a grave injustice that must be corrected.
Luckily, hundreds of affordable headsets on the market deliver crisp sound and make excellent online communication. I discussed some of them that are highly worth buying. All of these best PS3 headsets come with rich features along with not high pricing.
You have to pick up PS3 headsets according to your needs and requirements. If you play games for more extended periods, then the PS3 headsets are astonishingly comfortable compared to other wireless headsets similar to this type. So, choose the best pair for you and enjoy your gaming world.