If you are a starter or experienced photographer, do not let a poor-quality printer make your dream a mere illusion. The time is now to purchase the best professional photo printer to hack your goals one by one. A printer capable of producing real-time photo quality, colored, on various paper sizes and types, will most probably address your needs.
Meanwhile, avoid slow and single task printer options that would call for additional equipment congestion into your small office. If you are running a small office business, a multi-purpose printer designed with copier, scanner, printer, and faxing features will help achieve greater heights. In the attempt to make everything a breeze, our below top 10 professional photo printer reviews, descriptions, and buyers guide will lead to a haven. It will be easy to purchase a perfect printing machine for your everyday paper processing requirements.
Our Top Pick:
Best Professional Photo Printer Reviews
1. Canon Pixma Pro-100 Professional Inkjet Printer
After repeatedly testing Canon Pixma Pro 100 printer, we can confidently conclude that it fits the top of this list. Besides that, it’s an excellent choice if you are looking for a professional-grade photo printer with high resolution, capable of producing pictures with no borders. The machine can print vibrant, borderless color photos to a maximum of 13’’x19″ and includes an intelligent plugin for easy lightroom printing.
Above all, the printer has a print quality of about 250dpi on 13’’x19, which is a large print size that is hard to get from other alternatives in its price category. Pixma Pro 100 guarantees fantastic color printing with no tweaking whatsoever. The printer is unique because it uses dye-based inks, which claims better color saturation than other printers that utilize pigment-based inks.
Hurry now! Grab this best professional photo printer utilizing an 8-ink based choromalife100 + system providing multiple color gamut. Hence, it makes your prints appear as vivid as you remember them. Further, the printer optimizes quality with an Optimum Image Generating System, which analyzes print area and picks appropriate ink mixture to reproduce what you envision.
- 8-ink ChromaLife 100+ system
- Built-in CD& DVD printing
- Built-in wireless Wi-Fi, USB/ethernet
- Compatible with CLI ink tanks
- Wi-Fi allows multiple users to print seamlessly
- Conveniently supports mobile devices printing
- Versatile mobile handling via rear tray and manual feed
- OIG system helps maintain print natural color and integrity
- Graphics printing may have color issues
2. Epson Expression HD XP-15000 Photo Printer
Epson brand takes reputability, trust, and quality seriously hence why their printers also use only cartridges described as compatible. For that reason, Expression HD XP-15000, all equipment, and other accessories from Epson are of perfect quality. Something else, they provide firmware updates periodically with the intent to keep the photo printer performing optimally. Further, updates address security issues and fix minor bugs, if any.
Moreover, this 13’’x19″ best Epson professional photo printer features individual 6-ink Claria HD inks to support various color gamut plus enhancing black and white image printing. HD XP-15000 is unique because you can print color and monochrome pages at virtually the same price or speed rate. Therefore, if you are a photographer or crafting hobbyist, this wide format, the wireless printer, will give the best photo quality in the industry.
- Multi-connections; wifi, wifi direct /USB
- Auto-duplex feature
- Color inkjet technology
- Feature 6 color Claria inks
- Prints ultra HD borderless photo quality
- Reliable same speed for color and monochrome printing
- Multiple mobile printing alternatives
- Produces high quality and accuracy
- Mobile compatibility ensure convenience
- High running cost
- Slow for a busy office
3. Canon PIXMA PRO-200 Color Photo Printer
Thanks to the canon developers for the Canon Professional Print & Layout Software, now you can avoid costly expenditure on high-end graphic programs like adobe illustrators or photoshop for document editing. Many photographers have switched to this professional digital photo printer with powerful, user-friendly interface and photo processing tools. Good enough, PRO-200 also includes Media Configuration Tools for managing a variety of media and ICC profiles.
Want to say goodbye to connection limitations? Canon Pixma pro- 200 will grant you the freedom to connect to a video recorder or digital camera via PictBridge wireless, single PC via USB, and WIFI or ethernet. Further, the canon professional photo printer is engineered with 4800 by 2400 dpi resolution plus FINE printhead to achieve vibrant color printing for photos and artwork. Your printer also boosts being capable of producing borderless edge-to-edge images in all formats.
- Print only design
- Color and monochrome printing
- Multi-connectivity; USB, Ethernet, and Wireless
- It uses 8-color dye-based inks
- Subtle print quality
- Produces borderless panoramas and banners
- Convenience automated clog detection nozzle
- Reasonable running cost
- No duplex printing
- Print only, no fax or copying
4. HP ENVY Photo 7855
Many enthusiasts and civilized society globally can now smile with relief as HP ENVY Photo 7855 wireless all in one photo printer gives them immense features achievable. Some attractive features that rank this best professional inkjet printer at the top are its compact size, wireless option, auto duplex capability, and much more. Not only that, the printer is always network-ready and can print via USB drive, WIFI, or Ethernet with ease.
What makes everything suitable, the machines allow you to print, scan, copy and fax from a mobile device through Airprint over wireless connectivity. Thus with HP ENVY Photo 7855, the power of your printer is in the palm of your hand. Further, the professional quality photo printer uses the hp instant ink and Hp smart app that makes everything convenient. You can subscribe and have cartridges ordered and delivered to your doorstep.
- Dua-band Wi-Fi, Ethernet & smart Bluetooth
- Supports HP instant ink
- Supports multiple paper sizes
- All in one design; fax/ copy/ print
- Auto-duplex and ADF saves papers
- Satisfying one-year hardware warranty
- Responsive free web support
- Super quality photo output
- Excellent range of connectivity options
- Costly individual ink cartridges
- Not good graphics print quality
5. Epson Expression Premium XP-7100 Photo Printer
If you want to be unique, choose XP-7100; the printer is durable, high quality, and would only use parts or ink cartridges described as compatible with the Epson. The equipment will never use third-party manufactured ink, refillable or refilled.
Besides, as one of the best professional quality photo printers, it can produce eye-catching color and black text documents. Automatic two-sided printing and automatic document feeder feature running cost cheap in the long run. Since the duplex saves the number of paper consumed monthly, saving on total expenditure and labor.
Further, novice scholars and other folks who want to be creative can print personalized photos easily using specialty papers, DVDs, or making borderless up to 8’’x10″ size. You can enjoy the experience of effortless navigation with large 4.3 inches intuitive touch screen.
The screen allows the user to zoom, edit and process directly via USB or SD card slot. Additionally, Expression Premium XP-7100 produces all formats at high speed using long-lasting five-color Clarian inks that are water and fade-resistant. Finally, it supports a creative print app that is capable of printing right from Facebook or Instagram.
- 5-individual color Clarian inks
- Supports auto 2-sided printing
- Intuitive 4.3 inches touch screen
- Ultimate, Ethernet, USB, and WIFI
- Stunning photo and sharp text
- Versatile option for print/scanning/copying
- Effortless, convenient features to view and edit photos
- Uses genuine inks that make durable prints
- Lacks faxing capability
- Problematic Ethernet support
6. HP Envy Photo 7155
Buying this professionally, inspected, and tested best photo printer for professional photographers from the amazon renewed store, you get to enjoy 90-day amazon renewed guarantee. Everything is perfect with HP Envy Photo 7155 that uses Dot Matrix printing technology. Further, this refurbished equipment comes with multiple features and functionalities like printing, copying, and scanning. Moreover, it produces excellent borderless photos, is fast, and supports hp instant ink.
Meanwhile, you can count on the reliability of Envy Photo 7155 to connect and print via mobile devices over wireless connectivity. Interestingly, the best quality photo printer professional can perform better than most new equipment that even costs twice its price. For starters, you can rely entirely on this all-in-one wireless printer for your home office or small business document processing demands.
- Compatible with mobile devices
- Utilizes Dot Matrix print technology
- Amazon certified refurbished and a guarantee
- Supports wired and wireless connectivity
- Stress-free HP instant ink support
- Fast set up with dual-band Wi-Fi
- Multifunctional supporting print/copy/scan
- Conveniently supports mobile printing
- Refurbished thus not durable
- Lacks duplex and ADF printing
7. Canon IP8720 Wireless Printer
Interestingly, Canon IP8720 is one of the top consumer inkjet photo printers that guarantee quality. However, the model is cheap compared to other canon machines with similar features. The printer comes with a six-ink system and delivers colorful borderless 13×19 inch-sized photos. Most notably, this best professional-quality photo printer comes with a small touchscreen for navigating through basics, checking the ink level, and alerts the user in case of error during printing.
Gladly, you can print documents and photos from any computer or mobile device available using Pixma Printing Solution (PPS) app. Connection is not a problem as you can print wirelessly using built-in WI-FI. Moreover, the printer allows google cloud printing from Gmail and google cloud through devices like Mac, Linux, Chrome, or windows. Wants to try personalization? With the best quality photo printer professional, you can preset anything at will, manual control of alignment, and color profiles, regardless of the hands-on or hands-off approach you want.
- Connects via built-in wireless Wi-Fi, USB, Ethernet
- Supports prints on DVDs and CDs
- Uses 6-individual ink tank system
- Feature inkjet technology
- Suitable for wide-format printing (up to 13’’x19″)
- Convenience printing on optical discs
- Effortless setup and use
- 6-ink tanks system delivers vibrant colors and impressive prints
- Uses single paper tray
- Lucks navigation menu display
8. Epson Expression Photo XP-970
Folks looking for a minimalist, sleek, compact, lightweight printer should try the XP-970, which works double with an intuitive 4.3 touch screen. The quality of the printout is excellent, with impressive color accuracy. Further, this standalone printer and photocopier from Epson are less expensive to buy and maintain. What guarantees an ideal vibrant color tone is the use of 6-Claria photo HD inks.
Professional photo printer reviews show how the machine can accurately deliver 4’’x6″ photos fast and within 11 seconds, thus indeed reliable.
Meanwhile, XP-970 allows creative flexibility to print on various media, including specialty papers, DVDs, CDs, cloud-based resources. You print easily via USB, ethernet, or direct Wi-Fi connection to your compatible devices such as smartphones, PCs, and desktops. However, we can’t deny that the quality of the print depends on page complexity, system configuration, and the software through which you are printing. Epson professional photo printer connects voice-activated account upon registration.
- 6-color Claria HD inks
- Built-in USB and memory card slot
- Features 4.3″ touchscreen
- Supports USB, Ethernet, WIFI/direct WIFI connectivity
- Convenience built-in scanner
- It makes brilliant borderless photos
- Creative flexibility to print on various media
- Convenient and user-friendly design
- Has limited color range for A3+ models
- Third-party ink cartridges not supported
9. HP ENVY Photo 7155 Photo Printer
Hp cartridges can hike running costs exponentially to around 10 cents. Gladly, this brand new multifunctional wireless printer helps cut ink cost to 5 cents by automatically detecting low ink levels and ordering replacement through the HP instant ink cartridge initiative. Therefore, the HP instant ink is an excellent value for the Envy 7155 to produce quality photos at reduced cost in monochrome and color pages.
Practically, while using HP thermal inkjet technology, this best photo printer for professional photographers can obtain sharp, vivid color printout plus detailed monochrome documents. Additionally, the printer comes with a borderless printing feature, bringing breakthrough to innovative creativity, easy to frame photos and superb images for scrapbooking. Mobile printing compatibility, speed, and flexibility keep the printer at par with today’s competitive world. Finally, automatic duplex printing saves time and paper.
- Optional high yield cartridges
- Eligible to HP instant ink
- Wireless Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity
- All in one design; scanning, printing, copying, and faxing
- Separate tray and cloud-based print enabled
- Affordable multifunctional printer
- Compact and elegant facelifting workstation
- Convenience with diverse connectivities
- Compatible with various devices
- Lacks NFC touch and print facility
- USB drive direct printing not supported
10. Epson Expression Photo XP-8600
The Expression XP-8600 supports three basic functionalities: scan, print, and copy that a typical home office would need. In addition, this best professional inkjet photo printer prints at a maximum of 5700×1400 dpi resolution, and scanning resolution is 1200×4800, which ensures the production of clear, legible documents.
The printer consists of a 120 sheets input tray with the central drawer and secondary tray for paper handling. The main drawer paper sheet capacity depends on documents format.
Above all, Expression XP-8600 is considered a lightning-fast printer that can deliver 4×6 inch photos within 10 seconds. Moreover, the ability to achieve borderless printing makes the machine the best quality photo printer professional and a top choice for family photography projects.
Hence, the machine prints monochrome documents at a speed of 9.5 ppm and 9.0 ppm when color printing. The good news is that the printer has other exciting versatile features to improve your photo output quality and experience. You can enjoy wireless and router-free printing, voice-activated hands-free printing, and scan and share cloud-based photo sharing, plus the Epson photo editing app.
- Hands-free, voice-activated printing
- Wireless, router free printing
- Supports Epson creative print mobile app
- Compatible with multiple mobile devices
- Reliable easy to use photo editing tools
- Convenience and easy cloud photo sharing
- High-speed performance
- Compact space-saving design
- High printing cost
- Unreliable auto-correction
Buying Guide of Best Professional Photo Printer
Knowledge is power, and choosing the right printer for the home office is often a daunting experience, mainly since there are many printer options in the market. We have worked the extra mile to develop this recommendation that will serve you and other buyers picking a reliable printer.
When it comes to printing technology, there are three main categories, namely inkjet laser and dye sublimation. However, the inkjet printer is the king for quality professional photo printing, followed by dye-sublimation technology.
Meanwhile, take this advice home; purchase an inkjet printer if you aim for perfect quality photos in various formats, color gamut, styles, and paper types. On the flip side, inkjet printers use costly inks, and common clogging is evident, but their quality professional photo printout weighs up.
You cannot change the size of the printer after purchasing, can you? Therefore, it is a rule of thumb to buy the sizes that will fit in your office. If your printing volume is moderate and you may need to process documents while traveling or on vacation, go for compact, minimalist size. Further, ensure you purchase the best professional quality photo printer to support the printing format for your needs.
Inks and Gamut
The most reliable professional printer for photography should give you the exact image reproduction of the object. For any machine to achieve this quality must consist of different inks gamut. Therefore color gamut refers to the number of colors the machine can reproduce during printing, copying, or scanning. Pigment-based systems are suitable for printing interior décor artworks, while family occasions and events deserve dye-based printers.
In the modern world, we need devices that support or offer as many connectivity options as possible. Basic advanced printers feature built-in Wi-Fi and cloud-based printing. Meaning, your printer will be termed convenient if it can connect to mobile devices and computers via Wi-Fi, USB, Ethernet, Wi-Fi direct NFC, and accepts cloud printing. Thanks to the printing revolution, now you can print directly from your social media platforms or a cloud-based site like Facebook, Flickr, google drive, and dropbox.
Duplexity is the property of some printers to print or scan or do both on two sides. If a printer supports automatic 2-sided printing and scanning, it will save the precious time you would manually flip. Moreover, with duplex printing, there is less paper wastage which makes the overall running cost cheaper.
Regardless of how many times you have faced disappointment in any attempt to purchase the best professional photo printer, this article may be a glimmer of hope. Diligently considering our top 10 printer reviews and buying guide will lead to a reliable long-term investment. Therefore,
whether you are looking for professional quality, compact, user-friendly, economical, fast connectivity, or portable option, you can get a printer to match your description/needs. Get to know what features to consider or disregard, pick a printer that will take your home photography to the next level.