Our article focuses on the best printer under 300. Whether you work from the office or home, owning a reliable printer will improve your business’s efficiency and general productivity. However, making the right decision on the best printer under $300 can be engaging and time-consuming.
Fortunately, we have done the hassle for you with this printer under 300 reviews. By analyzing how top models perform, their key features, advantages, and disadvantages. Also, we have listed the main factors to consider before buying a printer for growing your business with high-quality documents and photo printing.
Our Top Pick:
- 1 Important Factors to Consider When Purchasing Best Printer Under $300
- 2 Leading 10 Printers Under 300 Reviews
- 3 Buying Guide of Best Printer Under 300
- 4 Conclusion
Important Factors to Consider When Purchasing Best Printer Under $300
|HP OfficeJet Pro 7740||Paper size: up to 11” x 17”|
Duplex printing: automatic
Third-party cartridges: yes
Function: copy, print & scan
|Brother HL-L2370DWXL||Printing speed: 36ppm|
Print resolution: 2400 x 600 dpi
Minimum print paper: 3 x 5”
Maximum print size: 8.5 x 14”
|HP OfficeJet Pro 9015||Functionality: all in one|
Maximum paper size: 8.5 x 14”
Connectivity: Wireless, USB, ready network
|Brother INKvestment MFC-J995DW||Speed: 12ppm(black) and 10ppm(colour)|
Monthly duty cycle: 5000pages
Automatic document feeder: 20pages
Function: printing, scan, and copy
|HP ENVY Photo 7855||Monthly cycle: 1000pages|
Input trays: 2
Function: printing, copying, faxing, and scanning
Speed: 15ppm(black) & 10ppm(colour)
|Canon Pixma TR150||Dimension: 322 x 185 x 66|
Maximum input capacity: 50sheets
Interface: USB & Wi-Fi
|HP LaserJet Pro M404n||Technology: Laser|
Resolution: 1200 x 1200dpi
Duplex printing: automatic
Interface: RJ45, USB Type-B
|Epson EcoTank ET-2720||Compatible cartilages: Epson T522|
Function: print copy scan
Printing technology: inkjet
Interface: USB type B
|HP OfficeJet 200||Technology: HP Thermal inkjet|
Duty cycle: 500pages
Duplex printing: available
Cartridges: 2:1black , 1color
|Lexmark C3326dw||Function: printer only|
Monthly duty: 50000pages
Print speed: 24ppm
Maximum paper size: 8.5” x 14” legal
Leading 10 Printers Under 300 Reviews
1. HP OfficeJet Pro 7740
HP OfficeJet pro 7740 is one of the best all-in-one printers under 300. It has a combination of low cost, good output quality, and the ability to scan, copy and print documents up to tabloid size (11 x 17″). Also, you can use it to fax letter-size documents.
- Print Quality and Speed– the HP OfficeJet pro 7740 is a fast printer producing beautiful photos. The printer works at 22ppm (monochrome) and 17ppm (color). The text output has smooth edges and crisp color. However, although it’s one of the best photo printers under 300, it’s a bit slower. Taking up to 4.5minutes for an 11” x 17” quality photo.
- Cartridges– uses four individual color cartridges available in two capacity options. Starting with the standard size, giving up to 1000 pages for black and 700 for the other three colors. Whereas higher capacity cartridges double the pages.
- Running Cost– if you want to save some cash using this printer, you need to consider using high-capacity cartridges since the standard size is a bit expensive and saves up to half price.
- Features and Connectivity– with this HP printer you can use it to print up to size A3, with automatic duplex printing. Moreover, the printer has a paper tray capacity of 250. Another bonus about this printer uses wired and wireless connectivity, Ethernet, USB direct, Airprint, google cloud print & HP ePrint.
- Technology; inkjet
- Paper size; up to 11” x 17”
- Duplex printing; automatic
- Third-party cartridges; yes
- Function; copy, print & scan
- Fair print speed for black and white
- Three in one
- Efficient high cartridges
- Fast printing speed
- HP ePrint only supports PDF and images
- Slow photo printing
2. Brother HL-L2370DWXL Laser
The monochrome laser printer is the best small business printer under 300 and for home use. It is robust and compact with a flexible manual feed slot and 250 sheet paper trays. You can use built-in wireless networking, USB interface, or Ethernet when connecting your devices.
Despite the high printing speed, the output quality is not compromised. In addition, this printer has a durable design with robust, sturdy construction, making it ideal for busy schedules. However, although this printer is monochrome, it has amazing features to fall for.
- Connectivity– this monochrome laser printer has diverse connectivity. You can connect to your laptop, tablet, or smartphone with built-in wireless and Ethernet. Also, you can connect locally to a single computer via a USB interface.
- Duplex Printing– this printer has automatic paper side printing. Whereby you save on paper cost, while the toner save mode ensures efficient toner use.
- Manual Feed Slot– this feature offers a variety of paper handling and size flexibility. You can print envelopes, and card stocks to bring out your business professionalism.
- Printing– this printer produces quick high-quality documents. Whereby the first print takes up to 8.5seconds. Also, the output tray can hold up to 100 paper sheets. Additionally, the printer works with a range of papers from, plain, thick, thin, thicker, recycled, bond, labels, and envelopes.
- Printing speed; 36ppm
- Print resolution; 2400 x 600 dpi
- Minimum print paper; 3 x 5”
- Maximum print size; 8.5 x 14”
- Fast printing seed
- Variety of print paper
- Comes with high yield cartridges
- High monthly duty
- Monochrome print only
- No scan and copy function
3. HP OfficeJet Pro 9015
OfficeJet pro 9015 is one of the best printers under 300 you need to consider for your office. It’s an all-in-one wireless printer with innovative tasks for increased productivity. Comparing this printer to HP OfficeJet pro 8710 is 37% smaller, designed for smooth connections, easy mobile printing, and enhanced security.
Additionally, this printer supports a range of papers for efficient office printing. Also, with HP voice activation, your printer can work with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Microsoft Cortana. Every office should consider equipping this piece of elegance in their space.
- HP Smart App– this app allows you to monitor your printer functions. Using this app, you get to remotely access your printer and scanner, monitor ink levels, and scan, print and copy remotely.
- Printing- the printer breezes through duplex printing with a speed of 22ppm with a 35-page automatic document feeder for two-sided copying, faxing, and scanning. Also, it’s among the best photo printer under 300, with quality photo printouts.
- Enhanced Security and Reliable Connections- this printer keeps you connected with self-healing Wi-Fi, enhanced with built-in security to protect essential information from unauthorized persons. Also, you can share resources through Ethernet and built-in networking.
- Instant Ink– HP Pro 9015 works with original HP 962 cartridges, made to produce vibrant, professional color graphics good for presentations and office use. You have an option of subscribing to HP+ instant ink, which helps to save on ink and get automatic doorstep delivery.
- Duplex printing; automatic
- Functionality; all in one
- Maximum paper size; 8.5 x 14”
- Connectivity; wireless, USB, ready network
- Technology; inkjet
- Automatic document feeder and duplex
- Instant ink eligible
- Variety of printing apps
- Time and ink saving
- Good for small to medium jobs
- A bit loud
4. Brother INKvestment MFC-J995DW
MFC-J995DW is the best printer under 300 for household use and small businesses. This printer model offers high-capacity ink cartridges and a variety of small business features.
Moreover, the INKvestment cartilages that come along with this printer can last you for a year, according to the company—making it the best small business printer under 300 we’ve seen due to its economic ink use. However, this printer will leave you asking for a bigger paper tray capacity than its 150 sheets capacity.
- Paper Trays– brother MFC-J995DW has two input trays, one on the front side and a rear manual feeder on the back, for smaller photo papers. However, to use the rear feeder, you must remove papers from the front tray.
- Connectivity– this brother printer has commendable connectivity options. For quick pairing, this printer has NFC capabilities, whereby you can use it to launch the Brother app on your mobile devices. Also, you can print directly from your device using a USB or SD card.
- Mobile App– Brother iPrint &Scan app allows you to print, copy and scan directly from the application. This app allows the printing of PDF, MS word, excel, text files, HTML, JPENG, and PNG. Also, it is compatible with IOS and Android.
- Printing– Additionally this printer has automatic duplex printing. To add on, this printer works at 12ppm for monochrome and 10ppm for color.
- Speed 12ppm(black) and 10ppm(color)
- Monthly duty cycle; 5000pages
- Automatic document feeder; 20pages
- Function; printing, scanning and copying
- Wireless and wired connectivity
- Good texts and graphics quality
- Fast printing speed
- Easy to use color display and control
- Low input and output capacity
- No duplex scanning
5. HP ENVY Photo 7855
Outfit your home or business with the best all-in-one printer under 300, and take care of all your printing, scanning, copying, and faxing. Also, you will enjoy automatic affordable ink with the HP instant ink program. Moreover, you get a high print resolution of 4800 x 1200dpi with 15ppm black and 10ppm color.
- Easy Connectivity and Setup – When setting the printer from your smartphones, you have several built-in options like Ethernet, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth LE. This makes printing easy whenever you want to use it.
- Automatic Data Feeder(ADF) – HP Envy is equipped with a 35sheets 8.5 x 14” ADF and 8.5 x 11.7” flatbed. And an optical resolution of 1200dpi for faxing, scanning and copying.
- Control- additionally apart from the wireless connectivity, this printer has a 2.7” control touchscreen. Moreover, you can directly print or scan using a USB port and SD card slot to and from portable storage devices
- HP Instant Ink- HP envy is eligible for automatic low ink notification for a refill. So, you don’t have to constantly monitor ink levels or run out of ink unknowingly.
- Technology; thermal inkjet
- Monthly cycle; 1000pages
- Input trays; 2
- Function; printing, copying, faxing, and scanning
- Speed; 15ppm(black) & 10ppm (color)
- Paper saving duplex printing
- Excellent photo quality
- Instant ink eligible
- Good connectivity range
- Buying individual cartridges is expensive
- Limited paper capacity
6. Canon Pixma TR150
Canon Pixma TR150 is among inkjet’s best printers under 300; you can carry it around and get basic printing features, and it has a solid performance. Although this printer is a single-function printer, it’s compact to carry around in a standard backpack.
- Power Use– canon Pixma TR150 has a backup battery with the ability to print up to 330 sheets while on a full charge. In addition, you can use the printer with a standard wall outlet alone.
- Design– TR150 is rather small in size measuring 12.7 x 7.3 x 2.6 inches when closed. The lid serves input paper tray when lifted up, while the front flap acts as the paper output tray. Weighing around 4.5 pounds without battery and 5.1 with battery, this printer is light enough to carry around.
- Print Speed– with an average printing speed of 6.9ppm for a portable printer, TR150 is slightly higher at 7.4ppm. In comparison to HP OfficeJet 250, it is faster printing text within 9ppm.
- Ink Cost and Yield– TR 150 uses two ink cartridges; dye-based with three color base plus black. The other cartridge holds black pigment-based ink. Canon TR 150 is among the lowest cost per page printers.
- Dimension; 322 x 185 x 66mm
- Speed; 9ipm/5.5ipm
- Maximum input capacity; 50sheets
- Interface; USB & Wi-Fi
- Antitheft lock
- Fast text printing
- Low ink cost
- Good quality photos
- Battery function
- No high yield cartridge for this model
- Small OLED monochrome display
7. HP LaserJet Pro M404n
HP LaserJet Pro M404n is the best laser printer under 300 with high-quality prints, two input trays with a capacity of 350 sheets, and an output tray of 150 sheets. If you buy a printer for business use, this printer will print sharp texts, envelopes, and labels, bringing out professionalism.
Also, using M404n, you’ll get your first print within 6.1seconds and an average of 40ppm. Moreover, this printer is among the best printer under 300, with an average monthly duty of 80,000 pages.
- Sustainability- default duplex printing mode helps to save printing papers in your office. Moreover, this printer has an enabled automatic HP on/off technology to save power.
- Compatibility- for mobile/remote printing, this printer is compatible with Google Cloud Print, Apple Air Print, HP ePrint, Mopria, and HP Smart App.
- Speed and Resolution– with 1200 x 1200 dpi print resolution, you get sharp texts that are appealing for business purposes and other official use. Also, you can use this printer to print envelopes and labels. Additionally, the printing speed is an impressive 40ppm. So you get your documents within a few minutes.
- Inbuilt Security- this printer is built for your business security. You can secure confidential business documents with a pin or pull the retrieve to print feature.
- Function; Print
- Technology; Laser
- Resolution; 1200 x 1200dpi
- Duplex printing; automatic
- Interface; RJ45, USB Type-B
- Security protection
- Duplex printing
- Environmental sustainability
- Extreme fast printing
- Monochrome printing
- Only print function
8. Epson EcoTank ET-2720
EcoTank ET-2720 is the best small business printer under 300 for your small business and home use with scanning, printing, and copying functions. This inkjet printer uses cartridge-free eco tank technology. Eco tank systems use large ink reservoirs instead of cartridges to efficiently hold more ink.
- Print Quality- with a resolution of 5760 x 1440 and four ink sets the text output is great. This contributes to vivid and sharp documents and imagery. Actually, it’s among quality Epson photo printers under 300. You can rarely go wrong with the ET-2720 printer.
- Eco Tank Technology- eliminate the need for cartridges by refilling them with replacement bottles. This enhances your printer’s efficiency with an output quantity of 6500page for black and 5200 color pages. The ink bottles have auto-stop technology and special keys for easier filling.
- Mobile Printing- you can print via Epson iPrint App from IOS devices and Android, Fire OS, and Android printing.
- Scan, Print, and Copy– with this printer you don’t need to get another printer for extra tasks. It will efficiently do accurate and optimal smooth color and gradients. While reproducing copies rapidly with a speed up to 7.7cpm in black and 3.8cpm for color copies.
- Compatible cartilages; Epson T522
- Function; print copy scan
- Printing technology; inkjet
- Interface; USB type B
- Scan mode; grey, color, and monochrome
- EcoTank systems
- Wi-Fi direct mobile connectivity
- High-quality printout
- Low running cost
- Low paper capacity
- No auto-duplexing
The HP OfficeJet 200 mobile printer is a fast inkjet printer with high-quality output. Also, it allows a variety of connection options to business people and users who print while on the go. This printer is the best beginner photo printer under $300.
- Printing Speed– OfficeJet 200 is rated at 9.5ppm for text only which is relatively good compared to the average speed of 10ppm. You get your first page withing11seconds. Although the printing speed Changes while running on the battery.
- Output Quality– print quality is above average for an inkjet with more quality graphics, texts, and photos. Additionally, despite being a portable printer its quality is better than some office desktops.
- Running Costs– generally, mobile printers have higher running costs compared to standard inkjets. However, the cost of running OfficeJet 200 is about average, not very expensive. This printer uses two cartridges; black and tri-color.
- Connectivity– OfficeJet 200 allow peer-to-peer with a mobile device or computer via Wi-Fi direct, USB, and Wi-Fi. Moreover, this printer can print from tablets, android, and IOS. Additionally, you can also print via USB, but you will have to supply your own.
- Print speed; 10ppm on AC, 9ppm on battery
- Technology; HP Thermal inkjet
- Duty cycle; 500pages
- Duplex printing; available
- Cartridges; 2: 1black , 1color
- Fast photo printing
- Rechargeable battery
- Compact and portable
- Higher quality output compared to many Deskjet
- You need to get a USB cable separately
- Heavier compared to other portable inkjets
10. Lexmark C3326dw
Lexmark C3326dw is one of the best laser printers under 300 with quality output. Also, it supports most operating systems and platforms. Additionally, this printer has a high running cost as expected of a low-end laser machine, but there is much to offer.
Additionally, this printer is most suitable for entry-level, single-function color printers designed for small workgroups and offices or a personal desktop printer. It would be best to consider this color laser printer under 300 for your office. Compared to brother’s HL-L3270CDW, Lexmark is relatively fast though its cost per page is higher.
- Remarkable Printing Speed– Lexmark rates C3326dw at 26ppm for single-side printing and half-speed for double-side printing.
- Energy andPaper Saving; C3326dw has a standard automatic duplex printing saving papers. Also, the printer has energy-saving mode, operating between printing and sleeping when not in use, with nothing to set in between.
- Connectivity; apart from built-in USB connectivity and Ethernet, Lexmark mobile printing app makes it easy for mobile users. Moreover, it also connects through Airprint and Mopria.
- Compact and Durable; measuring 243.7 x 411.2 x 394.1mm Lexmark C3326dw can fit almost anywhere. In addition, it is the best color laser printer under $300. its compact size and lightweight enhances easy movement and setup.
- Function; printer only
- Monthly duty; 50000pages
- Print speed; 24ppm
- Maximum paper size; 8.5” x 14” legal
- Connectivity; network-ready, Wi-Fi
- Fast printing speed
- High-quality prints
- High monthly volume
- Lacks NFC and Wi-Fi direct
- Higher running cost
Buying Guide of Best Printer Under 300
There is lots of decision to be made when buying a printer for your office or home use. More so when working on a budget. However, your printer quality reflects on your reputation. This creates the need to go for the best.
Printer User Personal
The most important step is analyzing who will use the printer, how, and what purpose. You would consider a simple printer without office complexity for personal home use. At the same time, field agents would need a portable printer and have multitasking ability.
Print quality is expressed in dots per inch(DPI), indicating how many ink dots or toner the printer makes within one square inch of a printable area. So, the higher the DPI, the sharper the images. However, many printers in the market have enough DPI for basic printing needs, so you can ignore it unless you are looking for a photo printer.
A variety of connectivity means a printer uses to perform its work. Many printers connect wireless via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi without using a USB cable. In some cases, you can also print without a computer; you only need to plug a card into the printer.
This means a printer can automatically or manually print on both paper sides. This helps in money-saving and environmental conservation since less paper is used.
Businesses and organizations with large printing volumes would want to consider a printer volume before buying to ensure that it can do the job. However, if you print large volumes, color graphics, or photos fast, you can’t go wrong with a high-capacity printer.
Generally, to get the best printer under 300, you don’t have to sacrifice quality. But rather, you can get a printer with the most important feature you need. More so, you may forego those features that you don’t want already.
We have highlighted the top 10 models carefully selected on functionality, versatility, and efficiency from the above article. So, you can rarely go wrong when getting your best from the list. Additionally, we have highlighted important features to consider when buying a printer.