Do you need the best large format scanner for printing? This review has it all! One of these large-format scanners would be a great addition to your computer accessories. Large-format scanners can easily scan paintings, documents, and other artifacts. Optimize your computer’s performance by adding one of our favorite large format scanners to your collection!
But how can you choose the best large format scanner for your needs?. Our buying guide should help you select the best large format scanner. Let’s look at them and see which one is perfect for you.
- 1 Comparison Table
- 2 Leading 9 Large Format Scanner- Buying Guide
- 2.1 1. Plustek A3 Large Format Flatbed Scanner OS 1180
- 2.2 2. Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i Color Duplex Document Scanner
- 2.3 3. VIISAN 3240 A3 Large Format Scanner
- 2.4 4. Xerox DocuMate 4700 Color Document Flatbed Scanner
- 2.5 5. Epson DS-50000 Large-Format Document Scanner
- 2.6 6. Colortrac SmartLF Scan 24″ Wide Format Scanner
- 2.7 7. Epson Expression 12000XL-PH Flatbed Scanner:
- 2.8 8. Epson DS-60000 Large-Format Document Scanner:
- 2.9 9. Contex SD One+ 36-inch Large Format Scanner:
- 3 Best Large Format Scanner Buying Guide
- 4 How Do I Scan a Large Document?
- 5 Final Thought
Top Picks: 5 Best Large Format Scanner
Plustek A3 Large Format Flatbed Scanner OS 1180 : 11.7x17 scan Size for Blueprints and Document....
|9.2||Check on Amazon|
VIISAN 3240 A3 Large Format Scanner,Color Receipt & Document & Photo & Book & Art & CAD Scanner,[A3...
|9.4||Check on Amazon|
VIISAN A2 Large Format Overhead Book & Document Scanner, 23MP High Resolution, Auto-Flatten &...
|9.8||Check on Amazon|
Colortrac SmartLF 36-inch wide color scanner
|9.3||Check on Amazon|
Fujitsu fi-7460 Wide-Format Color Duplex Document Scanner with Auto Document Feeder (ADF)
|9.6||Check on Amazon|
Leading 9 Large Format Scanner- Buying Guide
There are a variety of large scanners available, so you’re likely to find one that matches your expectations. A thorough evaluation selected nine of the best choices. While some are affordable, some have added features that need a market value. Whatever the matter may be, read the review thoroughly before deciding.
With the Plustek OS 1180, you can simultaneously scan both artwork and books. Book scanning, on the other hand, is the most common use. When you scan a book, your computer saves the PDF version right away. Due to its huge size, scanning two pages at once is simple, saving you time.
The Plustek OpticSlim 1180 scanner is one of the best large format scanners for use in the workplace, school, library, or even home. The scanner is also suitable for scanning books due to its modest size. The overall quality is outstanding, and the cost is reasonable. Don’t be worried about the time savings associated with scanning in color rather than grayscale. In the great scheme of things, it’s a reasonably priced scanner.
- Duplex Scanning
A duplexing scanner that can scan both sides of a sheet simultaneously is very important if you often need to scan documents printed on both sides. Certain duplex scanners include two scan elements, enabling them to simultaneously scan both sides of a document.
- Maximum Page Size
You should choose a scanner that can handle the largest pages you’ll be scanning. A flatbed’s letter-size platen will be troublesome if you sometimes need to scan legal-size documents. Please make sure a flatbed scanner with an automated document feeder (ADF) can scan pages before you purchase it. There are larger flatbed scanners on the market, but they take up more desk space than smaller scanners.
- Special-Purpose Scanner
Whether you need a scanner to scan business cards, books, or slides, It has a variety of scanning choices to meet your specific scanning needs.
- The measurements are 23.18 x 16.02 x 2.67 inches.
- The scanner is 9.52 pounds in weight.
- The resolution of the scanner is 1200.
- For books and huge papers, this is perfect.
- Scans of extremely high quality.
- Build quality is excellent.
- A resolution of up to 1200dpi is possible.
- Photographers will love it.
- Not appropriate for artwork.
2. Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i Color Duplex Document Scanner
Scan all paper documents into conveniently accessible PDFs to reduce workplace clutter. It’s a unique and exciting document scanning method that lets you conceal blank pages, rotate reports automatically, and increase image quality. Intelligent scan scanning allows you to scan your documents quickly and accurately. The characteristics are Auto Shading Position, Auto Pivot for switched records, and Unique Page Removal pages for each instance.
- Lightweight Item
You can now take your large-bed scanning on the move with the Fujitsu Snap S1300i! It measures 11.18 inches (3.9 inches) in length and 3 inches (1.18 inches) in width. Lifting the item requires three pounds. It’s small and easy to transport. To connect to your computer, use a USB cable.
- One Button Operation
This scanner supports the following OS: Linux, Macintosh, and WindowsThe bundle includes the scanner, USB cord, AC adapter, and setup DVD. Scanning is possible for documents, bills, and business cards. This simple design scans and saves data using a single button.
- 600 Dots Per Inch
Fujitsu can scan legal-sized papers in addition to business cards. The optical resolution of this legal-sized scanner reaches 600 dots per inch when scanning color documents. A ten-page automatic document feeder is possible. A minute can scan up to 12 double-sided pages.
- The dimensions are 3.9 x 11.18 x 3.03 inches.
- The scanner is 3.09 pounds in weight.
- 600 x 600-pixel resolution
- The best OCR
- A powerful software package
- A more compact form factor
- Duplexing the ADF automatically
- For what it does, it’s expensive.
3. VIISAN 3240 A3 Large Format Scanner
The VIISAN 3240 A3 is the best large format scanner on the market. Scanning papers up to A3 size takes less than two seconds per page. Because of the large RAM, batch scanning is not a problem.
The VIISAN 3240 can scan up to 304×426 mm artworks, pictures, painting albums, textbooks, diaries, papers, and CAD drawings (11.98″ x 16.8″). Consequently, It has several uses, including school projects, business efforts, and digital publication. On A3 paper, printing takes around four seconds.
In addition to having a deeper color depth (48 bits) and more realistic color gradients and variations, the VIISAN 3240 has 2400 x 2400 dpi maximum optical resolution. TWAIN and WIA Windows drivers and ICA and XSANE Mac OS and Linux drivers are all supported.
- Convenient Auto-Scan Function:
The device identification number is VIISAN 3240. The Auto-Scan function detects the cover sensor when the scanner’s cover is closed and starts scanning immediately. This method improves the efficiency of continuous scanning. LED lights save energy and time due to their rapid warm-up time.
- Dimensions: 11.98″ x 16.8″ inches
- The scanner is 14.65 pounds in weight
- A resolution of 2400.
- Using and analyzing it is simple.
- It saves a lot of time.
- The quality is reasonably priced.
- Because of the large RAM, scanning in batches isn’t an issue.
- It’s great for scanning documents but not for making art.
4. Xerox DocuMate 4700 Color Document Flatbed Scanner
The following is the best large format flatbed scanner available on the market today, and it is capable of supporting you both at work and in your household. It is only available in a flatbed configuration, which some users consider a drawback of the product.
- USB-powered Device
A high-speed USB 2.0 connection is required to utilize the Xerox DocuMate 4700 scanner. Both Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X are supported. This scanner may be used in conjunction with the Xerox automatic document feeder, enabling you to use two scanners in one machine. It can scan documents as large as 11 x 17, 8.5 x 14, and 9 x 12 inches, as well as a range of other paper sizes.
- Fast Scanner
This flatbed scanner can scan a page in 2.5 seconds. 600 dots per inch is the maximum optical resolution possible. Daily, it would be best if you scanned 10,000 times. There are nine buttons on the front of the device for scanning, email, OCR, and PDF. This large-format scanner works with various applications, making your job simpler.
- Supported Apps
The front panel of the gadget contains nine customizable buttons. They’re made for various tasks, including scanning email, PDF, and OCR. Visioneer Acuity, ABBYY FineReader Sprint, and Visioneer OneTouch are all Xerox scanners.
- It is 22.8 by 19.5 by 4.5 inches in size.
- The scanner is 15.4 pounds in weight
- 600 dots per inch (dpi)
- Scans tabloid-sized pages quickly and efficiently.
- Xerox ADF-capable scanners are supported.
- Outstanding OCR results
- Other truck kinds are not permitted.
5. Epson DS-50000 Large-Format Document Scanner
Machines of other sorts are not permitted. In terms of scanner quality, adaptability, and productivity, the DS-50000 exceeds the competition. It can scan everything from business cards to large documents up to 11.7 x 17 inches in size. The four-line CCD sensor on the scanner produces crisp, clear text and brilliant, vivid colors. It also has the capability of scanning several documents at once.
- Scan Quality
The Epson DS-50000 big format document scanner generates very high-quality scans thanks to its 4-line CCD sensor. You may use this technology to turn your scans into crisp text and vibrant visuals.
This is one of the most cost-effective systems on the market in terms of functionality. This flatbed scanner can scan documents up to 11.7″ x 17″ size, suitable for a large-format scanner. Your scanned documents are searchable in PDF format.
- Build and Design
The equipment seems well-built and attractive at first, with a long lifetime. Despite its large-format scanning capabilities, the Epson DS-50000 is tiny and well-designed to fit into most workstations.
One-touch scanning can perform up to 30 pre-programmed actions. The device comes with EPSON Scan, Document Capture Pro (for Windows only), and ABBYY FineReader Sprint OCR. Scanning to major cloud services is as simple as a few clicks when using the tailored PC application.
- Flatbed measuring 11.7″ x 17″.
- Regulations for Scanners 300 and 600
- The scanner is 32.6 pounds in weight
- Creating a profile for each activity simplifies repetitive tasks.
- It’s simple to upload to the cloud.
- Expanded options.
- The quality of the construction is superb.
- Text documents will benefit greatly from this high-quality paper.
- There isn’t a better option.
6. Colortrac SmartLF Scan 24″ Wide Format Scanner
It is the first self-contained scanner globally, capable of scanning big scale drawings and documents up to A1 size while weighing a little over 5 kg. It comes with a hard-shelled travel case that makes transporting the device from one location to another a delight.
- Incredible Performance for Its Size
SmartLF Scan! is a fantastic value-for-money product that guarantees a return on investment (return on investment). Scanning using Scan! Enables drawings to be updated and shared from the field without requiring the originals to be physically returned to the main office for scanning on the department MFP.
- Wide Format Scanner
SmartLF Scanscanning! has unrivaled performance for a gadget of its size. Thanks to a range of well-built default settings, even inexperienced users will be able to do high-quality scans within minutes of opening the box.
- A Smarter Way to Scan
DocLogic automatically changes the DPI (dots per inch) level when scanning documents and photographs to improve image quality while keeping file sizes small and portable.
- Measurements: 39x 9x 11 inches
- Scanner resolution 600
- Scanner weight 23 pounds
- Scan results that are quite clear.
- The addition of the sleeve is amazing.
- In real-time, scan and save a photo to an external thumb drive.
- Furthermore, it will be quite soon.
- It is a fantastic time saver!
- A scanning symbol appears, but its meaning is uncertain
7. Epson Expression 12000XL-PH Flatbed Scanner:
Among Epson scanners, the Expression 12000XL-PH stands out. The Epson 12000XL-PH stands out among professional scanners. It is the software you need if you’re a graphic designer. This scanner creates amazing large-format photos using MatrixCCD technology. This scanner can scan documents of up to 12.2 by 17.2 inches in size. This scanner can scan negatives, slides, and transparency strips.
The Epson Expression 12000XL-PH is a high-performance best large format scanner with a Transparency Unit for batch scanning slides and negatives, making it suitable for professional photographers. Its goal is to provide high-resolution image scans with outstanding detail reproduction.
Epson MatricCCD technology allows the device’s scan resolution of 2400 x 4800 dpi to provide fine details in scanned documents.
Using the scanning capabilities of the Epson 12000XL-batch PH to scan several printed photographs at once when switched on, the gadget instantly heats up and functions.
- Build and Design
Like all Epson devices, the Epson 12000XL-PH large format flatbed scanner 24×36 is built to last and endure heavy usage.
- 12.2″ x 17.2″ is the maximum scan area.
- Scanner resolutions 2400 x 4800 dpi
- Scanner weight 31.5 lb
- Exceptional quality
- Transparency strips, slides, All of these formats are scannable.
- Scanners with higher resolution and greater detail
- Color restoration is possible with a single touch.
- Scan huge numbers
- Given the price, they should have at the very least provide an Ethernet connection.
8. Epson DS-60000 Large-Format Document Scanner:
The Epson WorkForce DS-60000 Document Scanner swiftly and effectively scans documents up to tabloid size. Epson’s WorkForce DS-60000 Document Scanner is an ideal solution for large-scale scanning operations.
Color detection is the first feature we look for in a productivity tool. With the Epson DS-60000, we recommend that you use this function. I’m not clear how a scanner could function if it couldn’t differentiate between blank pages. The Epson DS-60000 has this function, which every machine needs. A must-have feature is the ability to create several pictures. It will appeal to customers who are fussy about the quality of their job.
- Scan Quality
The DS-60000 scans at 40 pages per minute (ppm) and 80 images per minute (ppm) for simplex (one-sided) and duplex scanning, with each side of a page counting as one image.
- Quality of Images
Image straightening is a feature of image processing that I like using. Use it, and you won’t be sorry about it at all. The Hole Punch Removal tool is helpful because it enables you to acquire clean images on the perforated side. This device lacks the Streaks Filtering feature that I like using on written pages.
- Optical resolution 600dpi
- Scanner weight 59.2 lbs
- Scanner measurements 25.2 x 18.5 x 11.3 inches.
- Scanning up to tabloid width at high speed.
- Flatbed in tabloid format
- OCR has a high degree of accuracy.
- A document feeder with a 200-sheet capacity.
- Scan rates for both simplex and duplex scanning are slower than expected.
9. Contex SD One+ 36-inch Large Format Scanner:
A professional-grade scanner 36 inches is required to generate high-quality images from your artwork. It will provide the best potential outcomes. However, you do not have to spend your whole life savings on the most excellent scanners. Under some circumstances, even the cheapest scanners on the market may provide superior results. Consider the Context Sheetfed Scanner, a high-end best large format scanner from a reputable printing firm.
It has a 2TB memory capacity and a suite of powerful applications built into it. At 36 inches, it is one of the first plug-and-play devices designed for professional use by experts to provide large format scanner 36-inch results in the quickest possible time.
- large Format Scanners
It is one of the Contex Sheetfed Scanners’ best large format scanners available, and you will not be disappointed if you get one. A new projector for your office is an excellent option if you’re on a budget. Please have a look at our list of the finest currently available.
- Software and Hardware
It has an auto-maintenance system and 64-bit software and hardware, making it a welcome addition to the large format scanner 24×36 market.
- Scanner weight 42 pounds
- Scanner resolution 600dpi
- 2 TB of physical memory
- Scanners must deliver accurate results.
- I’m in a rush.
- Best Scanner of the Year
- It isn’t especially significant.
Best Large Format Scanner Buying Guide
A buyer’s guide is never complete until it includes the most important features to consider when purchasing a large-format scanner. The latest scanner models on the market guarantee faster and smoother operation and other benefits that make them more attractive. Observe these characteristics when buying to ensure you obtain the greatest value possible.
Most new scanners have a resolution of at least 600 dpi; thus, scanning sheets is usually not a problem. While this resolution is sufficient for most documents, some may need a higher resolution. For example, if you wish to scan a card, you’ll need a scanner with an optical resolution of about 4,800 pixels per inch (PPI).
We recommend that consumers consider the scanner’s primary purpose or why It will be the most used tool. There are two types of scanners: general-purpose and specialized. To scan books, business cards, and sides, you’ll need a specialty scanner; general-purpose scanners can handle a wide variety of documents with ease.
You’ll need to connect your scanner to a computer or another device if you wish to scan additional items. Certain scanners include USB connections to connect to file-sharing services like Dropbox and Google Drive. Check out all the model’s connection choices before you buy it. Thoroughly research the specifications of each model before making a purchase.
What Is the Best Large Format Scanner?
When looking for a large format scanner, there are some things to keep in mind. As a result of reading this, you are now well-equipped to make an educated buying choice. If you’re still undecided, consider the following recommendation.
Epson Expression 12000XL-PH Flatbed Scanner
There are no boundaries to what this scanner can scan; it can scan anything. It can scan anything from goods to books to any paper. It’s also well-made and has excellent scan quality. Furthermore, the action moves at a breakneck speed. Without a doubt, the Expression 12000XL-PH Flatbed Scanner.
It is the most excellent large-format scanner on the market today.
How Do I Scan a Large Document?
There is a problem with the document feeder. If it is too large to fit in one piece, you may need to scan a document in fragments. It’s tough to put everything together in one file. Depending on the scanning software you’re using, you may achieve this in many ways.
Document Management System (DMS) software, FileCenter, makes scanning large documents a breeze. Execute the following steps:
- Start a Scanner
- Select “Prompt for Additional Information” from the drop-down menu.
- Scan the first card stack’s top card.
- FileCenter will inquire whether there are any more pages to scan when it reaches the bottom of the stack.
- When the following set of pages has loaded, click “Yes.”
There is no need to stop scanning the page at this point.
The Scan from a non-FileCenter network scanner is not stored. You’ll get a lot of files. You can combine many files into one using FileCenter Professional:
- To locate important files, use FileCenter.
- Choose which file includes the initial pages, which file comes next, and so on. File 1, File 2, and so on will be the names of the files.
- File 2 should be dragged into File 1 and dropped.
- Then choose “PDF Append” to merge the new document with the existing one.
- Drag file three onto file one and repeat the procedure.
- Once you’re certain the operation was successful, delete all files except file 1.
FAQs About Best Large Format Scanner
What Is the Largest Scanner Available?
- Scanner Plustek A3 (Large Format)
- Scanner Colortrac SmartLF 24″ Wide Format Scanner
- Large-Format Scanner VIISAN 3240A3
- Xerox DocuMate 4700 Color Flatbed Scanner
- Epson DS-50000 Document Scanner for Large Format Documents
Where Can I Use a Large Scanner?
You may get your important papers scanned and stored for protection at a FedEx Office near you. Large and small documents may be scanned and stored for quick access on a USB device or in the cloud.
Does Canon Make an A3 Scanner?
Mustek’s a3 1200s and a3 2400s are no longer in production as of January 1, 2019. The Canon Canoscan 9000f MkII flatbed scanner is a fantastic alternative if you no longer need an A3 scanner but still need an A4 scanner. Even though Canon no longer produces it, it is still available.
Can You Get an A3 Scanner?
There’s no better place to buy an A3 scanner than The Scanner Shop, where we provide one of the complete online collections from some of the world’s most well-known brands.
What Is a Flatbed Scanner?
With a scanner with a flat glass surface, you may scan paper, books, and other materials. The scanner head then lowered into the glass window, where everyone can see it by everyone in the room. Flatbed scanners’ sheet feeders allow scanning many sheets of paper at once.
They may be able to satisfy all of your requirements using these scanners. You never know when you’ll need a large piece of art scanned, even if you’re not an artist. Yes, we are aware of the market’s oversaturation. We do hope, however, that this short explanation proved helpful. We’ve produced a list of the best large format scanner currently available. While they’re all great, there are a few notable variances. They’re worth looking into more since they’ll have an influence on your final decision in some way.