What are the best duplex scanner printer models? The rapid increase in office work has led to a spike in demand for high-quality printers. These days it’s expected that any small business will have to have a top-notch printing device at its disposal. There are so many different models of printing machines on the market, all competing for the highest possible ratings. It can be hard to separate the best devices from average or poorly manufactured ones, so it’s crucial to know what to look out for when buying a printer.
The printers discussed in this article are models that can handle any task you throw at it. You’ll be surprised how easy it is to change your entire office over to using these printers.
Our Top Pick:
Leading 10 Best Duplex Scanner Printer
1. HP LaserJet Pro M426fdw All-in-One Wireless Laser Printer
The M426fdw is a professional all-in-one printer designed to produce high-quality output quickly and accurately. The printer has a 50-sheet front load capacity auto document feeder for your efficiency. It also has 2-sided printing capabilities. At the heart of the M426fdw is a monochrome laser engine with a print resolution of 1200 x 1200 dpi.
It comes with a complete suite of tools so that you can print from virtually anywhere.
- It features an innovative Auto-Duplex printing mode, which allows you to print on both sides of the page to save paper.
- The versatile printer offers high-quality printing, copying, scanning, and faxing in a compact, space-saving design.
- You can print from virtually anywhere using mobile devices or your PC with HP Web Apps for complete control. The printer incorporated intuitive tools like HP ePrint. Hence you can print from virtually anywhere.
- It offers one-touch connectivity, easy mobile printing, and professional-quality laser documents. Plus, it includes an automatic document feeder for scanning and faxing multiple pages in one pass.
- Optional HP High-Yield Cartridges. Never run out of ink with optional high-yield cartridges. It holds twice the amount of toner compared to standard printer cartridges. Plus, save up to 50% per page when you print with Original HP High-Yield Toner.
- It’s very fast
- Wireless network connectivity
- Efficient energy use
- Produce high-quality printing
- Solid security
- Not easy to use
- Great but not worthy the price
- Cartridge difficult to pull out
2. Brother MFC-L8900CDW Business Color Laser All-in-One Printer
Upgrade your business and personal life with this MFC-L8900CDW printer. These high-yield replacement toner cartridges allow you to print more documents and achieve a lower cost per page. At 6000 x 1200 dpi resolution, you can achieve a professional quality print job.
Use the 5.0″ color touchscreen display for on-screen navigation, making printing professional documents on demand easy. It features advanced scanning technology in high definition. It is armed with enough storage that provides it to store up to 100 different scans at a time.
- High-quality printing. The new MFC-L8900CDW is a powerful color laser all-in-one printer with a fast print speed. Its output is high-quality prints.
- The Brother MFC-L8900CDW color laser printer features a triple-layer security system designed to protect from physical and environmental threats. This printer is ideal for businesses, schools, or even an office at home.
- The 5″ Color Touchscreen simplifies all your printing tasks. It allows you to easily navigate and select your media, copy and scan settings. It gives you access to the Smart Operation Panel and Mobile Device Connectivity features.
- The Brother MFC-L8900CDW offers convenient connectivity with built-in Ethernet and wireless networking. Print, Copy and scan from or to your smartphone or tablet.
- The printer is a complete solution for every office need. This product has a fully wireless design. You can scan to cloud capability, making it easy to work from anywhere within your office.
- It’s easy to set up.
- Easy to use. The touch screen offers easy navigation.
- It’s compatible.
- Increases productivity as print speed increases.
- High printing volume.
- May scan different size than original
- Poor print quality
3. HP Color LaserJet Pro Multifunction M479fdw Wireless Laser Printer
The HP Color LaserJet Pro Multifunction Printer is designed for small home offices or workgroups. The printer features fast print speeds of up to 28 pages per minute. It has a Toner saver mode option for saving power.
It’s an all-in-one printer designed to work wirelessly. It includes a fax machine, scanner, copier, and printer. This combination of functionality into one unit allows it to save space on your desk. Its automatic duplex printing capability increases the amount of paper you can use before replacing it.
- With toner cartridges that deliver up to 20,000 pages per cartridge, you’ll be printing more of the documents that help grow your business.
- Limited functionality. Print fewer pages with confidence using this inkjet-class printer. It’s HP’s first single-function printer to be energy star certified. Print documents up to 20% faster than competitive models. You will also save energy by choosing your energy-efficient settings.
- Can handle high-volume color printing tasks. This wireless printer comes with duplexing capabilities. It has an automated document feeder for fast scanning of up to 35 pages.
- Increase your productivity and print more in less time—print faster using three-sided HP FastRes 1200 technology.
- Navigation touchscreen. This versatile network printer has a touchscreen that displays operational steps to help you print fast. Plus the ability to print wireless from anywhere in the office.
- High production rate
- Easy to operate
- Super-fast print speeds
- Very secure
- Software problems
- Low resolution
- Difficult to set up
4. Canon imageCLASS MF644Cdw Wireless Laser All-in-One Color Printer
Canon has a wide range of printers, from portable to high-functioning and high-quality. Canon’s line of products can satisfy just about any printing need. The imageCLASS MF644Cdw Wireless Laser Printer is one such device that caters directly to consumer needs. It has a sleek design, sleek software, and seamless wireless networking that makes for simple operation.
Not only does the printer produce high-quality prints and scans. It also conforms to environmental standards and is very efficient in terms of power consumption. It offers all one solution for printing, scanning needs. The printer has an Auto-Duplex feature that lets you prints documents fast and efficiently.
- With this all-in-one printer, you can print, scan, copy and color documents. Upgrade to the convenience of 2-sided printing with this versatile home office tool.
- The toner cartridge is intuitively designed for easy replacement after printing 25,000 pages, saving you time and money.
- It features Canon’s innovative i-SENSYS toner technology. The MF644Cdw can print more pages than previous generations.
- Due to its speed and efficiency, imageCLASS MF644Cdw is one of the most frequently utilized all-in-one color printers. The models have an impressive print speed of up to 22 color pages per minute and a 4800 x 600 dpi print resolution.
- Canon applications help you print wirelessly from mobile devices. It also features intuitive NFC technology to make it easy to scan and copy files.
- It’s compatible
- Produce brilliant color
- It’s an app-enabled printer.
- It’s easy to use since the navigation screen makes it easier.
- With or without a network, the printer can work.
- Maybe slow
- Unclear instructions
5. HP LaserJet Pro Multifunction M428fdn
The HP LaserJet Pro prints, copies, and scans quickly, easily, plus it fits snugly into small workspaces. Print directly from your device via its HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology. This affordable printer helps you stay productive while reducing the impact on the environment with innovative features like HP EcoSMART technology.
The printer (MFP) is optimized for office productivity. This efficiency-focused MFP features Auto-Duplex printing to save paper. It has simple prompts and ‘Push-Button’ set up for easy management. It also has an intuitive 2.7-inch touchscreen with customizable short-cuts to make it simple for anyone in your office to use the MFP.
- The HP LaserJet Pro MFP M428dw is a compact multifunction printer that does more than just print. It prints, copies, and scans with all the features you need to get the job done right.
- Save space, time, and money with quick wireless print speeds up to 45 pages per minute—print from virtually anywhere in your home or office.
- Performance efficiency. Broadcast high-quality reports that are sure to impress. It is compact enough to fit into any workspace and provides reliable output with an easy-to-use control panel.
- With HP Mobile Printing, printing is as easy as taking a picture of your smartphone or tablet. Plus, save time and work smarter with a suite of tools that helps you print from wherever you are.
- Toner cartridges. The right toner cartridge can make or break your workflow. This impacts everything from your finished product’s quality to how often you have to pause to refill.
- Easy to operate
- Handle tasks faster
- Environmentally friendly
- The printer is very secure.
- Poor wireless connection
- May not connect well with Mac
- Poor scanner
6. Brother Monochrome MFCL2710DW Laser Printer
Brother’s MFCL2710DW laser printer fits the modest space needs of a small business. Compact, with print, speeds up to 32ppm, this printer is perfect for any small business environment. It combines the convenience of wireless networking and duplex printing.
Its automatic double-sided printing saves time and paper. Its design allows for quick and easy scanning, copying, or faxing of your documents. Network connectivity allows you to connect your computer to advanced wireless networking.
- This monochrome laser delivers high-speed, high-quality results for everyday documents with printing, copying, and scanning capabilities.
- The 30-sheet automatic document feeder lets you copy and scan multiple pages in a single step.
- The printer offers standard 2-sided printing and automatic duplexing for double-sided output and faster turnaround times.
- You can print pictures and documents directly from memory cards and choose how to sort your data: by document name or date and time.
- Flexible printing. Use the high-speed USB connection to print directly from your smartphone or tablet. Or wirelessly print files from your compatible devices right from your home network.
- This printer is Wi-Fi enabled and uses 2.4GHz wireless networks to communicate with your computer.
- Print from your mobile devices via built-in AirPrint support and Google Cloud Print right from the printer itself.
- This Brother laser printer will meet your demanding needs with high-capacity toner cartridges, automatic duplex printing for saving time, and auto 2-sided printing.
- Meets all your evolving needs
- It’s compatible with other devices.
- High-quality production
- Works faster
- Machine shuts down when toner is low
- Scanning over WiFi spontaneously fails
7. imageCLASS MF445dw – All-in-One, Wireless, Mobile-Ready Laser Printer
The imageCLASS MF445dw is an all-in-one, wireless, mobile-ready laser printer. It will connect easily to your devices so that you can apply it to your everyday business operations. Powered by Canon’s My Image Garden Software for Mac or Windows, you can print photos, documents, and even graphics to the highest quality.
It also allows you to download your documents to your smartphone or tablet for on-the-go printing and scanning!
Avoid the costs and inconvenience of unnecessary supplies and labor with this good printer. It functions as a primary computer printer and comes bundled to handle multifunctional tasks.
Use it to print, scan and fax – wherever you are effortless.
- The imageCLASS MF445dw comes with Mobile Device Access software for smartphones and digital cameras. It is ideal for printing images that may not be suitable for larger-format printing. Use it to print, scan and fax – wherever you are effortless.
- With an 8.5″ touch screen with intuitive icons, navigating its menu is straightforward. A sleek touchscreen simplifies navigation through this versatile printer’s controls.
- This all-in-one unit packs printing, copying, scanning, and faxing into one compact design that will easily fit into any office—scan to email, HD flash memory card slot, and optional automatic document feeders.
- Wirelessly print, scan and copy from virtually anywhere around your office.
- The imageCLASS MF445dw employs an innovative security feature in the form of a locking system. You can use it with network-connected devices to maintain their safe operation when in use.
- Excellent quality
- Highly customizable
- Poor user design
- Sleep mode
8. Brother Compact Monochrome MFCL2750DWXL Laser All-in-One Multi-Function Printer
The Brother MFCL2750DWXL is designed to fit everyone’s budget and lifestyle. Use the compact laser printer for personal use or in a home office for its ability to print black-and-white documents fast and quietly.
This energy-efficient printer is compact, easy to operate, and simple to connect. It has an extra-large paper capacity that holds up to 500 letter-size sheets of media.
With its compact, space-saving design, it combines superior printing technology with convenience at an affordable price. Make the most of your valuable time by expanding your business with printed reports, faxes, and copies.
- The all-in-one solution printer lets you print, copy, fax, scan, and share in color or black and white.
- The single-pass duplex features automatic two-sided printing makes it fast to complete documents.
- The MFCL2750DWXL delivers optimal printing and copying capacity. It has an auto document feeder for convenient copying and faxing without the need to load papers manually.
- This stylish monochrome printer combines crisp print clarity with wireless convenience. It helps you easily connect to your work network for access virtually anywhere.
- Offers great value
- Great cloud support
- Works easily with mobile devices
- Crips and clear prints
- App may misbehave
- The print may be too light
- Constantly disconnects
- Complex and time consuming
9. HP Color LaserJet Pro M283fdw Wireless All-in-One Laser Printer
Conveniently print, scan, copy and fax from virtually anywhere around the home or office with the HP Color LaserJet Pro Printer. This device is compact, delivers up to 25% faster performance than previous models. It has automatic two-sided printing and wireless connectivity for easy setup via smartphone or tablet.
- This printer combines fast monochrome and color printing and wireless networking into a single device. It is perfect for your home or small office.
- The printer has a high-quality color laser printing engine that delivers sharp text and smooth grayscale graphics. With a print speed of up to 25 pages per minute (ppm)1 – two times faster than the previous model.
- Its double-sided printing feature allows you to print on both sides of a sheet of paper to save paper and money.
- Save time with the one-touch print button. You can print from your smartphone, tablet, or laptop comfortably. It has wireless connectivity.
- The HP Color LaserJet Pro offers a seamless, wireless experience with a fast performance from the first page to the last.
- Saves time
- High print quality
- Strong security
- Easy and simple setup
- Expensive toner
- Software may not work as expected
- May have connection issues
10. Lexmark MC3426adw Color Laser Multifunction printer
The Lexmark 3426 color MFP is designed to streamline your workflow. It offers the speed and versatility you need to print, copy, scan, and fax in a sleek, space-saving design. The Lexmark 3426 MFP also includes full-spectrum security with certificate services and ID Card Copy functionality for a complete security solution.
It offers fast printing, copying, and scanning for qualified small businesses or up to four users at home. It is designed for high-volume printing environments.
- Media Flexibility makes the MC3426 a true all-in-one. It can print, fax, scan and copy from a wide range of media, from photo paper to standard paper.
- The Lexmark MC3426 is a high-powered, workforce-ready, affordable color printer that delivers outstanding print quality.
- It has high-capacity cartridges for long-lasting performance. It features two-sided printing for fast printing. Also, it can fit seamlessly into any busy office.
- Lexmark’s MC3426adw delivers solid performance in a sleek, space-saving design. It is quick to deploy, print, copy, and scan with industry-leading time-to-first-page speeds of approximately 10 seconds.
- The large touch screen interface makes navigation simple with fewer buttons that are intuitively placed.
- Easy to set
- High print quality
- Crisp clear color output
- Scanner may fail
Buying Guide for Duplex Scanner Printers
Choosing the right best duplex scanner printer can be a tough decision. The market is flooded with scanners, but not all are ideal for an office setup. So how do you know the best suited for your needs? Are there certain features you should be looking for in advance? There are many differing opinions on this matter. That’s why we have created this guide on choosing the duplex scanner printer that meets your requirements.
If you intend to use your printer to print out complex documents, you will want a more powerful model with a higher dpi. For example, if you’re working on a patent, you might need a scanner with 4000×2400 dpi resolution. That high-resolution product will enhance the quality of your scan.
Plenty of other elements contribute to image quality, such as photo paper and ink. We want to keep it simple and look at the basics. The printer specifications always need to be matched with the end product you require. If you want better quality photos, look for a 4-configuration ink-jet model, for example. Therefore take into consideration the resolution of your “best duplex scanner printer”.
There are, however, models with an Ethernet port for network connectivity. Other models can use wi-fi connections. Today, cloud computing is prevalent. It enables the user to create a home or office network without using physical or wireless connections. By using this type of connection, the duplex printer can be connected to various electronic devices at one time via wi-fi.
The duplex scanner printer is one of the most important pieces of office equipment that allows the business transaction to be conducted smoothly and keeps all records intact for easy access. When choosing a duplex scanner printer, it is important to consider the connectivity options of this device so that your documents will be printed effectively and effortlessly.
Easy Operating Panels
When looking for a multifunctioning printer, it is essential to select one with a straightforward control panel to operate. This way, you won’t have to constantly read the manual to use it and focus on your main task instead.
A touchscreen printer will allow you to use it with more precision. They also ensure efficient machine use as they keep track of all necessary data about the equipment usage, ink filling levels, printing issues, and more.
Speed is among the main features to take into account when choosing a duplex scanner printer. When you purchase a duplex scan machine, it is not only able to scan and copy documents but also able to print. For this reason, it needs to be fast. A good printer should be able to perform the tasks without compromising on speed and quality.
Best duplex scanner printer turns the paper over after every page, printing on one side and scanning on the other. It is also known as two-sided printing. However, the speed at which the paper is turned over varies depending on the model you choose. Top-of-the-line models can turn over a full ream of paper in only 60 seconds, whereas low-grade models may take up to 8 minutes. Duplex printers generally do not use warmup time. It is, therefore, becomes extremely important to consider their speed when choosing a scanner printer for your office or firm.
Cost of Toner
When looking through the toners available for a specific model, you should note that not all can be used for duplex printing. For those machines capable of duplexes, the redefined models usually use toner cartridges designed especially for this function. While you can try to replace them with other kinds of cartridges, you should be aware that the replacement from a non-compatible brand could damage your printer.
The Duty Cycle
The duty cycle primarily depends upon the model, the number of pages it can handle, the scanning resolution you choose, and how much time it takes to recharge. For instance, if you opt for a low-speed scanner with a page processing time of 20 seconds, the duty cycle will not be as high as one that can complete its task in just 10 seconds.
Anywhere you go, you can attest that people love to print documents. If you use a printer at home, you certainly know this fact well. However, finding the best duplex scanner printer isn’t the toughest task if you keep the right requirements in mind. We all already know how costly ink and toner can be. This is why we want to find a model that will be both cost-effective and efficient.
Therefore we should better skip the inkjet printers and move on to laser models right away. Moreover, if you follow guidelines established by experts, a laser printer duplex scanner might also save you some time since it helps with scanning, copying, faxing. The above duplex scanner printer reviews will help you settle at the right decision.